Sunday, October 13, 2013

Climbing the ladder to success

 
 

I've been quietly lately. Life seems to get in the way of life at times. My thoughts have continued to grow as my existence has changed in great ways. I won't rehash the last months of my life, but I will continue on my stream of consciousness for today - the ladder to success.

My mind will forever focus on the ladder to success. While this colloquial phrase has been over used and become somewhat passé, I am constantly reminded of it and see it more of a hindrance than a process. Where does this path end? I am an ambitious climber working in an entirely new field and grasping at straws at how to get to the next level. Living within the onset of a new company, that path hasn't quite been written out and has made for a short, but bumpy journey. My small existence has taken me down a road of few missteps, promises that are given along with ill-will. But for unknown reasons, this has not dissuaded me from my path; I jump, go around and even create greener pastures in my mind with the ultimate goal of reaching the top of my ladder.  

I know myself; I know when I reach that rung on the ladder I will not be at the top, but at a point that brings me to a new goal, more steps to take. I have reached the top of the ladder before and it wasn’t enough. The top will never be enough. My journey will continue, from this point I want more, from that point I will want more. I simply can’t be satisfied.

I find it difficult to understand people who are satisfied in their jobs. Those who merrily do the same job day after day, year after year are a total mystery to me. Why don’t they desire more? I suppose comfort is important to some. They are likely masters of a sort of their own trade. I don’t find complete mastery important, I find that conquering and moving on the highlight of existence. Without a new goal to work towards, what is the point? I have so much more inside to offer and I make no bones about sharing that with those I feel deserve to know. Those who potentially will offer me a place on that path are the ones I play my game.


I have settled into a new professional home. It felt very foreign at first after spending more than eight years at my last. I took this huge leap of faith moving from a comfortable existence to one that is ambiguous at best. Upon my departure of my former home the anger flowed through the mouths of my previous family. Failure, disappointment and unhappiness were the language used to stab my back. Yet I held my head high; I didn’t blink or allow them to see anything but confidence as I continued to climb my ladder on my journey.

My life will forever be embroiled in the game. The teammates and gamers are those I analyze and eventually attempt to conquer. My strategy is forever evolving. The end of the game is not at the top of the ladder because the top does not exist. The ladder is an endless dream, a constant challenge in my mind.

Climbing the ladder to success gives me motivation to get up each day, to make it through another challenge fraught with road blocks, and to allow my mind to continue learning in an effort to finally feel success.


No comments:

Post a Comment